Connected Components Workbench Help

Zimmer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Did an install of latest CCW on my Xp (Sp3) laptop. Seems to be working perfectly. I am trying to program a Micro 810 2080-LC10-12QWB.
When I try to download to the unit, the communications window appears like in photo with the "Micro 810-2080 ....." having a "red X".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57706809@N02/9365189870/

The little icon on the 12PtM810..... is animated and occasionally the "red X" disappears for a second then reappears.
I have redone a full install on the laptop, swapped usb leads, changed usb ports etc. but nothing changes. In control panel, under ports, the 2080-usbadapter (com4) is shown as working perfectly.
Any ideas ???

I think both the 810 and 830 with the old CCW program version 1.0 (now V4) I believe you need to be talking via E/net - stand alone
check your gateway and Subnetsetup
As far as the RSlinx those PLC's need Modbus to comunicate

I completely gave up, abandoned ship.
Came into work this morning, clicked the "download" icon, everything working perfectly. "redX' vanished, all OK :confused::confused:

I completely gave up, abandoned ship.
Came into work this morning, clicked the "download" icon, everything working perfectly. "redX' vanished, all OK :confused::confused:
So Rockwell's latest offering is just as easy to get connected to as their other stuff? Well, at least they're consistent... ;)

🍻

-Eric

I realize you're joking a bit, but I'll mention that ease of connection is one thing the Micro 800 does well.

Each PC (hardware or VM) that I have connected to it has automatically installed the USB drivers in Windows XP and Windows 7.

And when you plug a Micro 800 into your computer, RSLinx Classic automatically creates a USB driver in the driver list.

You don't need to select it from a list, load any EDS files, or make any protocol selections. When you unplug the controller, the driver is automatically removed from the driver list.

There are a lot of things that RA has done poorly with the CCW software, but the installation and configuration of the USB driver for the Micro 800 series controllers is really very good.

I can't say why Zimmer had trouble with his. Maybe he has some noise in the controller DC power source, maybe he has USB problems elsewhere in the computer. Dunno.

Yes Ken, it was just a little lighthearted dig... ;)

I just came from a customer that needed me to download the programs into their latest machine. They have been building the same machines for years, using a 5/03, two ML1000s, and a PV1000, over DH-485 (With an AIC+ on each ML).

Every time they finish a machine, I download the programs, and every time I run into a different issue. This time, RSLinx couldn't find the PanelView via a direct connection (RJ45 port). Saw it fine when I went through the DB9 port on one of the AICs though... :rolleyes:

🍻

-Eric

Hi Zimmer, I had similar problems with downloads that were solved by turning off my anti-virus program. In my case it was AVG. It worked flawlessly after that.
Tom