OT - I found the problem!!

mendonsy

I have been in the process of retrofitting an old system for a couple of months now. (While it's running with the power on, is there any other way?)
Anyway, yesterday I pulled this out of the control panel. That poor critter has been there for a long time!! Now I know what their problem was!

Timer.jpg

Back in mid 90's installing and debugging a system that was built in Spain and come across something similar.

I had spent 6 weeks over there doing run off's and making changes then a few months went by and everything finally installed and powered up at my plant. I had 2 guys from the company who built the equipment here for start up.

One part of the cell had two 3 tier storage racks with elevators (AB variable drive control) on either end to cycle parts in/out. After testing for several days one elevator had quit working, it would fault when it got a move command.

I can still remember the look on the Spanish guys face as he came to me and said kitty cat.... I'm sure the puzzled look on my face is still with him too. As I went to investigate I found that an Opossum had gotten wrapped up in the chain and sprocket...

What a mess. :oops:

Hehe, I had a similar thing too.

But this was while I was at home.

A neighbor who was about 80 but she was very sprightly, came to my door and asked if I could fix her cooker.
She was very apologetic and explained the circuit breaker keeps tripping.

I couldn't refuse and knew it would be for charity but who likes stripping electric ovens down..

But, I took the back off and there across the big main L & N terminals was a poor fried mouse.
She was horrified and asked me to promise I wouldn't tell any of the other neighbors she had mice.
Of course I didn't. :)