Modular concept in Profibus

ekrem03

I am a little bit confused about the modular concept in Profibus. Is module corresponding to a device at the network? Or do any device in the network can also have few modules associated with them?

What I understood it is, in such network with masters and slaves, any slave device might have up to some number of modules. Also there are other devices in the network with only one Profibus slot or multiple slots. So I am guessing each slots are called modules??

Similar Topics

I've used AOI and User Defined Data Types, but I haven't created one yet. I have a lot of repetitive MOV commands to take a select number of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post on here. I'm an automation engineer and I have plenty of experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens and Fanuc etc. Constantly...
Replies
Views
I don't normally ask for help but this one has me stumped. We are designing a machine with 4 stations each have a 24 pin connector with 6 inputs...
Replies
Views
All, I am looking for some modular PB boxes that I can screw a cable in to hang in on the fence and call it a day. Fortress interlocks makes some...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Using a Red Lion Graphite® 15" Modular HMI and crimson 3 I have a few programs run in the background. The last one I added gets called...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom