Panelview 1250 plus replacement

e27978

We had a panelview that got wet and would not power on I did an exchange with AB they sent me a refurbished same model and assembly number I downloaded the .mer file to the internal storage and set the ip address to what was in the panel we removed went into terminal settings and set it up to run on startup when the application starts I get a CIP Connection (0) open rejected is there something I need to do on the PLC side to reestablish communications. We have all the required software this is my first panelview plus and first experience with factory talk ME.Any help would be appreciated

the Program in RS 5000 control logix

Last edited:
When you download the *.MER to the internal storage, check the box that selects to over-write the RSLinx Enterprise communications configuration.

There's an option to not over-write the communications configuration, which would leave RSLinx Enterprise without the Shortcut and Driver and Device information it needs.

You did the correct thing by setting the IP address of the terminal from the configuration menus; PanelView Plus terminals hold their IP address/subnet mask/gateway information as part of the Windows CE operating system, rather than as part of the *.MER application file.

Can you see the entire error code ? It might give you some additional information about the communication path that will help point you to the problem.