[Help] s7300 kepserver communication

SandCoffin

Hi !
I search the forum however still not find the solution
mad.gif

My professor told me to communicate s7300 with kepserver, then do the same thing between visual C# and kepserver
I have done the latter thing, however i cannot communicate kepserver with s7300, i did follow the video on youtube but the tag connection in quick client still show "bad" status and unknown value
My configuration
+ channel : siemen TCP/IP ethernet, default ethernet driver
+ device: s7300, ID : 192.168.1.50 (also try to set the static IP the same value in properties of TCP/IPv4 but did not work)
+ tag : try these addresses I0.1, Q0.1, M and DB still did not work
My lap use window 8, connect to plc through COM cable with USB adapter ( dont know if it would be the cause ), have updated all the driver in device manager, no yellow mark
Thanks for reading my issue and appreciate any reply !

The KEPServer driver does not support the USB connectivity. The Ethernet driver require a connection an Ethernet port on the Siemens controller, either a built in port on newer controllers or a CP343-1 card on older controllers. The IP address configured in KEPServer has to be the IP of the controller. One must also properly configure the slot and rack parameters to complete the connection.

My recommendation is that you contact Kepware Technical Support directly for assistance via e-mail at [email protected]. They can help in resolving the communications issues.

As a note if you go to the general tab of Device properties and set the server into simulate mode. At that point if you have your C# client and the OPC Quick client groups using the same update rate you can use one client to change data and see it reflected in the other.