MC55i GPRS

*bj

Hello!

I'm exploring the possibility of using Cinterion MC55i modem as a cheap way to connect remote stations via GPRS to SCADA computer. Remote stations would be PLCs (Siemens or Allen-Bradley MicroLogix). We would like to send data to central computer and controls to remote stations.

I did quite of googling regarding the MC55i, but haven't found any examples or applications using the modem to communicate via GPRS. I've found extensive manuals, which I'm now studying.

Question is, does anyone have experience using this component or any advice? Any help would be appreciated.

Similar Topics

Regarding use of a Cinterion MC55i modem together with winpager on one of our plants using IGSSv4.1. Yesterday (27.02.2014) I tried to install...
Replies
Views
Hi, I request your help in the folowing matter. I have a project where I use a TS ADAPTER II and a GSM modem for sending SMS in case of an...
Replies
Views
Hi forum! As this is the first time I'm using this kind of data transmision I'm completely lost in GPRS and Siemens and programing... I have a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I come across with connection issue between CP 1242-7 v2 gprs and Telecontrol server. SMS communication is working fine. I...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I have a Project whereby my client wants to REMOTELY see data coming from their energy meters. They want a situation where any authorized...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom