FT View ME Startup on Boot

Bbarnett

I have a standalone ME station on a windows 7 panel. I'd like to start my application on startup without the operator being able to access windows.

I messed around with the the registry. I changed the shell to start up MERuntime.exe instead of explorer.exe but it doesn't directly open up the application (makes sense..) My question is: What file/exe is FT View ME looking for to load the application on startup? Unless there's a better way of going about this.. such as locking explorer.exe after it boots.

I guess let me restate my question:

An application for RSView32 has extension .rsv

What extension does an FTView application have? And where would this be located?

ME runs the ME runtime file. It has an extension of .mer.

Create a shortcut with the following: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise\MERuntime.exe" "C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime\FILENAME.mer" /r /d. Place this in your startup folder.

For restricting access, try DeskLock. It's installed with the Studio stuff.

Last edited:
Just noticed your edit. I've been playing with DeskLock.. For some reason I can directly edit the shell in the registry but I don't have administrative rights to do the same thing from DeskLock.

Oh! Just got it, thanks Jkerekes. I needed to right click and run application as administrator. I should be able to get something working now.