PLC's and FileMaker Pro

Tom Theriault

I'm currently in the process of scripting FileMaker Pro to manage my car washes. And my two loations transfer data back and fourth using FileMaker on our Mac's. I'm wondering... would I be able to place/write a plc to monitor, control, count and then report to my host computer running FileMaker Pro on my Mac across the internet using my DSL service provider??

If so, would your instructional material handle the learning curve I would encounter.

Last edited:
Tom,

What type of data do you want to monitor? I have Macs and PCs at home but use PCs at work. I have set up Excel to collect data from AB PLCs using RSLinx but don't how you would do this with Macs. There are devices available that act as web servers which would allow you to access data through a web browser on your Mac.