How To Write the path of tag in RSLogix 5000

b_e33

i`m programming controlLogix with RSLogix 5000 and i want to set in my MSG Function tag that created in Program tags section , but in the MainProgram scope , i try to write MainProgram:Tagname , or MainProgram.Tagname
, But he write me syntex error
how can i point to the tag that is inside MainProgram

i`m programming controlLogix with RSLogix 5000 and i want to set in my MSG Function tag that created in Program tags section , but in the MainProgram scope , i try to write MainProgram:Tagname , or MainProgram.Tagname
how can i point to the tag that is inside MainProgram

I'm not quite sure what you mean, your English isn't quite correct but here goes.
to message in rl5k you first have to create a tag of msg type in the "controller" tags.
you will have to select the type of message and select the
tag you just created by clicking on the selection box and pick it from the drop down list. that will get you started

read this manual to learn more

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm012_-en-p.pdf

u did not understand my question, my question is how am i Turns to tag that created in the
mainprogram scope
becouse a want to put all my tag not in the controller scope but to create them in the mainprogram scope
and becouse in the MSG function i need to write a destination tag so i need to know how to write it
i try MainProgram:Tagname or MainProgram.Tagname
what is the correct syntex to write tag that is in the MainProgram scope

If I understand your question correctly you want to create a program scoped tag. There at least 2 tag datadases in every RSLogix project. One for the controller scoped tags and one for every program in the controller. In the program tree if you expand the Task folder and then expand the Main Program folder you will see the program tag database. This is where you will create program scoped tags.

i know wher to create "Main Program folder you will see the program tag database."
but i do not know how to write the tag name in the distenestion field
i get syntex error ther

untitled.JPG

What you are trying to do is not allowed.

MSG instructions cannot use program tags. You must use only Controller tags. The destination will include the name of the Controller Tag in the destination. You cannot specify a Program Tag.

OG

Max was kind enough to post a link to the manual that covers messaging. On page 13 there is a "Guidelines" section. Read it before continuing any further.

OG

ok i understand :)
but just for know , what is the current syntex to turns to tag that created in the program tags (in the MainProgram scope)