Powerflex 40 quick start

jwalter007

I am trying to test my machine for operation. It uses a speed control switch, estop, on/off & proximity sensor. I would like to bypass all of that to test the drive.
I was thinking that if I short terminal 1 to 11 I should be able to run the drive using the dial on drive as the speed control. I think that should bypass all of the switches & sensor.
Is that accurate?

Why do you need to bypass all switches and sensors? Are you talking about safety circuit? Is the power applied to the PowerFlex? If so, you just need to set parameter P036 (start source) to "0" what means "Keypad" and then you will be able to turn the drive on and off using start button on the PowerFlex

Jumper beetwen terminals 1 and 11 is required when you set P036 (start source) to 2-wire and/or 3-wire control.