Red Lion G3 to Siemens Simotion D

noxcuses

I was hoping to connect a Red Lion G3 unit to a Siemens Simotion D435 Controller. I didn't see a Driver in Crimson 3.0 for this. Is this correct or am I missing something??

Hi,

For Siemens we support MPI and PPI on serial and we also have Ethernet support. Do you know the protocol this PLC supports?

Thanks
Jeremy

It will depend on the variant you have of the D435, it will be PROFIBUS, PROFINET or Ethernet for an HMI, with only PROFIBUS or PROFINET for I/O. These are not really PLC's but CNC controllers and I have not worked with them in about 8 years so not sure which of these your card supports.

We don't support ProfiNet. The Ethernet port may be a possiblity but we only have drivers for the S7300-400 PLC. If the protocol on this device is the same it may work, but it would need to be tested.

Thanks
Jeremy

I know it has ProfiNet going to a WinCC Flex HMI. The other Ethernet port says PC communications. I'm not sure what protocol would that be?
I doubt it that the HMI is on Profinet.
It is probably on Ethernet.
What type of HMI? We do use MP277-8" touch and we are always plug them in on Ethernet.
What port of the Simotion is the HMI plugged in?
If it is X120 read below.(though the other port may have been used, X130)
The HMI plugs into an ethernet switch and the Simotion also plugs into the same switch.
If you open up NetPro you'll find out your existing network mapping and you can verify that the HMI is plugged into the Ethernet.
I bet you use the same switch to go online with the Simotion unit (via Ethernet).
If you are using the default settings your IP should be 192.168.214.1