PLC Engine Dynamometer Controller?

Phill77

Good evening all,

Has anyone here had experience with the control of waterbrake dynamometers?

Currently we use dedicated dynamometer controllers which measure speed with a magnetic pulse pickup and torque through a load cell. Two 4" profiled butterfly valves control flow of water into and out of the dyno, which are then controlled to achieve and maintain the required speed or torque.

I would love to integrate the dyno controller functions in to the S7-400 PLC which is responsible for the rest of the control and data acquistion.
As I see it, i am really just after a high performance valve positioning system.

Can anyone give me the benefit of their relevant experience?

Cheers,
Phill.

Similar Topics

Hey there, I would like to communicate to Unreal Engine (PC), to/from an AB PLC. Could someone, please, guide me through the process. Thank...
Replies
Views
hi, all, can any one help me in connecting Volvo ENgine to PLC which has ModBus or ProfiBus. the Volvo Engine has CANBus. Regards, Mohammad Omar
Replies
Views
We are doing some R & D and I was wondering how some of you experts might get an engine rpm measurement to a high speed counter card on a plc. The...
Replies
Views
the conveyor can stop because of a safety sensor or safety switch. And also it can stop because of an object jam detector sensor. If the conveyor...
Replies
Views
Good Day to all of you, this is my first post, i will try to explain as best as possible, english is not my natural language. I am performing an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom