Wonderware

hazeckz

Hello People,im new here, so i will try to be as good as possible,
i have this problem,
im trying to install wonderware historian,
i have about 6 disc, but experts tell me that i have to install the AOS so, i dont know whats that, ive looked at wonderware documentation and it says this:
AUTOMATION OBJECT SERVER
or
Application Object Server,

in any case,
the disc i have only have Historian, WIS and the device integration so, where can i find the installer for the AOS?
Or they are refering to the Device Integration??
please advise,
Kindly

Hi haz

i think the AOS you are referring to is actually ASP which is archestra system platform. which should be a disc in your box set if its a fairly new version.

it includes the historian server as well as the historian client.

Cheers

Thank you for your reply Mr.Brendonh,
So, i have the CD SET of the Historian 9.0,
but it has a disc with Historian (InSQL, IDAS), another disc with Information Server and one more with Devices Integration (Drivers and OPC), but i see in nowhere access to create the Galaxy or the AOS.

So im assuming that i need another disc with this, this can be right?

Hi haz

okay you have a pretty old box set and you will not have the system platform disc.

im struggling to understand your problem fully now, what happens when you run the setup.exe from the historian disc?

if you are trying to install the historian server, you will need to install it on a computer running microsoft server operating system, and microsoft sql server software.

Thank you Mr. Brendonh,
my doubt is this,
i have only the disc of the Hystorian is a set of 6 CD
it has:
Wonderware Information Server (This is for web applications)
Hystorian (IDAS, ISQL)
Device Integration (This has OPC server and plugins)
SQL Server

but i cant find AOS or ASP in any of this CD, so my doubt is this:
if i want to install the AOS or the ASP wich is the software that i need or the CD set i need? i also have to install the galaxy, but i just want to know if i am looking in the right CD SET, or this (galaxy, aos or asp) comes in another cd set,
Thanks for your patience
I hope your reply,
kindly

Hi Haz

okay for a new installation with a new dev box set there is a disc called archestra system platform which is what im assuming someone referred you to, that disc includes the historian server, historian client, IDAS, intouch and Application server(Archestra IDE/Galaxy). and then seperate discs for device integration and sql server.

until fairly recently i think the historian and the intouch/archestra were sold seperately. so my guess is your missing the intouch/archestra installation disc. (now known as archestra system platform)

Regards

Thank you Mr. Bendohn, now its working fine, we could solve the problem, thank you very much, i have now a new issue but i will start another trheat....