Need to replace MITSUBISHI FX-2N-80-MR PLC.

hinddhindsa

Hi,Friends in my Machine MITSUBISHI PLC FX-2N-80-MR + MITSUBISHI FX0N-8EX + MITSUBISHI FX2N-4AD is installed and HMI is F940GOT-SW-D.
Now PLC had stopped working and i have the program back up with me .this model is FX-2N-80 MR is obsolete from market. Could anybody please tell me with which model now i can replace it with ?. will that work if i download the same program in new model (fx3u). will HMI work perfectly.
Please help Very very urgent.
Thanks to you all very much :)

MY HMI is working well, But PLC does malfunction. so willing to do upgradation. my doubt is that FX-2N-80-MR can be surely replaced by FX-3U-80 ?. Will my HMI be compatible with the FX3U model also ?.
thanks a lot for reply.

You wrote about this problem in another post. What was the error code in the plc?

Are you sure you aren't throwing the baby out with the bath-water.

Last edited:
I wrote a link in previous post. Download the pdf file of HMI. Verify which one is yours. To see the compatibility, you need to check in the chart.
I could not upload the file coz it was 2.5Mb.

When i did the program check in gx developer for this program , then it is showing so many double coil errors at many steps.
what is the meaning of double coil error. :(

The double coil error is probably not the problem.

The program is using Mitsubishi's own stage programming called STL.

You are allowed to 'double coil' in different stages as only one stage/step is active at once.
(not exactly true - but usual)

Actually, I use STL quite a lot, it has some great advantages but also a lot of 'do not's'
I suspect that whoever programmed it, did one of the 'do not's' :)

Go online with GX developer in monitor mode and click the 'diagnostics' button on the top bar - then PLC diagnostics.
This will give you the error code.

Then go to 'help and find the 'plc error button' and find the code.

Often with STL programming, if the programmer has used multiple branches he sometimes forgets to use the FEND instruction at the end of each branch and then the LED you have mentioned will come on.
This is a guess without seeing the actual program.

But, if it's a programming error, upgrading to an FX3 will not cure it as you will take the problem with you.

@ yarsirkhi plz send me your email so i can you my program.
@ goody i will follow this procedure to check the error code and i will update to you as soon as possible.
will FX2N-4AD Model will work with the FX3U model or not ?.

So friends i am going to replace MITSUBISHI PLC FX-2N-80-MR + MITSUBISHI FX0N-8EX + MITSUBISHI FX2N-4AD with BRAND NEW MITSUBISHI FX3U-80-MR-ES + MITSUBISHI 2N-8EX-ES-UL + MITSUBISHI FX3U-4AD. Is that OK Friends. Please tell.