comper programs in RSLOGIX 5000

b_e33

i think that after electricity got off the program in my plc deleted
so i want to comper the program in the computer and the program in the plc
how can i do that?
i looked in the RSLOGIX5000 but didnt find how to comper

If you go online with the PLC you should be able to Upload it's program to your computer. Remember, the PLC exists in a level "lower" than your computer - so you Download to send programs "down" to the PLC, and upload to move programs "up" to your computer.

As far as how to do a comparison - I too believe there is a way to do this, but I'm not sure how as I'm still learning myself!

Good luck.

There is a compare tool. Look under tools in the Logix 5000 menu. It's also on the install disks or on their website.

i think that after electricity got off the program in my plc deleted
so i want to comper the program in the computer and the program in the plc
how can i do that?
i looked in the RSLOGIX5000 but didnt find how to comper

If it doesn't run the way it used to....

Browse to the controller with RSLinx "RSWho" and see if the program "name" still exists .... if it does, it will be intact, uncorrupted. If it doesn't, the program has been deleted from the memory of the controller, and you will have to reload it (download).

A loss of power does not normally erase the program from the controller, that only happens during the controllers POST (Power-On-Self-Test) if it discovers memory checksum errors etc.

Last edited:
A loss of power does not normally erase the program from the controller, that only happens during the controllers POST (Power-On-Self-Test) if it discovers memory checksum errors etc.

Or on some controllers when the battery in the PLC is dead.