rem mem prog state in ControlLogix

b_e33

can any one know what r the statuses in this controller?
i try to find a manuel that will explane the rem mem prog
but didnt find
can some one explan this to me? :)

Can any one [explain] what the [keyswitch states] are in this controller?
I [have tried] to find a manual that will explain the "Rem", "Prog", and "Run" states but have not found one.
Can someone explain this to me ?

Modern Allen-Bradley controllers use a keyswitch or toggle switch on the controller to select the operational mode of the controller.

"Program" mode does not execute the user program. It allows editing of the program and monitoring of the data table, but the user program does not execute and all of the outputs remain in Idle mode.

"Run" mode executes the user program.

"Remote Program" and "Remote Run" indicate that the controller is in Program or Remote mode, but the keyswitch is in the intermediate "Remote" position. That position allows RSLogix software to control the Program or Run mode of the controller.

If the keyswitch is all the way in PROG mode, RSLogix cannot place the controller in RUN mode.

If the keyswitch is all the way in RUN mode, RSLogix cannot place the controller in PROG mode and edits cannot be made to the controller.

Placing the keyswitch into the RUN position is sometimes called "Hard RUN" mode. It's the easiest way to assure that program edits cannot be made to the controller.