Subroutines for SFC

adam2392

Hi,

I am programming using mainly SFC's and structured text in RSLogix5000
I am making subroutines for my main SFC's, and many of my SFC's have the same structure, and paramater names. They are just repeated instances of a similar cycle (e.g. wash1, wash 2, wash3). The difference is the paramater values change for each wash.

Currently I am using structured text to manually set the parameter values for each "wash" routine (e.g. PH_WASH := 20;), and then calling that structured text as a subroutine in my SFC. Is there a way to re-use the same SFC for each of these instances? If so how do I re-use my structured text subroutines to call different paramater values. However, I don't want to make a routine for each repeating wash I have because I feel there is an easier way to pass paramater values. Can any1 give me some advice, or help?

You can make subroutines with inputs and outputs
you can ask in a subroutine for a specific variable somehwere else like in the globals.