Ab Hardware Understanding

Nelliyan

Hi,

i am just studying the Ab plc rslogix 5000 software...

Now i had developed the PLC as controll logix & created a new Di module in Backplane as 1756_IV16/A ,i just added 16 pin inp,, but in the Controller tags its showing 32 tags as data...

What are the other 16 data..C img for details

Regards,
Nelliyan.G

1.jpg

The first 16 booleans correspond to your inputs. The reason there are 32 is because the data format is Double Integer. Just ignore bits 16-31. There are 32 Point input cards that use all of the bits. I'm guess A-B just used the DINT format for all input cards to keep things simpler and more uniform.

Thanks

can some give me idea for commnicating rs logix 5000 & rs view me via 5000 emulator i achived communication between 5000 & rs linx... how between linx & rs view me

Last edited: