level switch potiential free contact

Charbel

dear,

i was looking at the datasheet for rotary paddle limit switch, it says that the switch output is potential free changeover contact (SPDT) with connectable load of 3A for the motor which is to be connected to it. it is better to use a contactor.

i was looking at the below link

http://www.finglai.com/product/contactor/AC-contactor/LC1-D09.html

somebody help wiht hte selection of the contactor? considering that the motor rating is 1.5KW.

thank you!

charbel

You did not mention the motor voltage, but the LC1-D09 will be OK.
You just have to select the coil voltage for your project.

What is your control voltage.
If this is a stand alone unit then checkout
Schneider electric
http://www.schneider-electric.com.a.../en/local/automation_and_control/tesys_le.xml
these may work out cheaper - You need to specify voltage and Overload size.
your paddle replaces the start/stop circuit.
the website and part number you quoted is selling Schneider

sorry I forgot
the reason I highlighted the AC3 AC4 rating
this is the number of operations the contactor see's
Rule of thumb
AC3 on an off a few times an hour or day.
AC4 Plugging - on and off constantly
this is how you know if the contactor won't fail

lc1-do9.JPG

Last edited: