Communication between two AB Panelview Plus 1500

Hi, sorry for my bad english.
The question is: is it possible to set connection between two AB Panelview Plus 1500 (cat. 2711P - T15C6D1, ser. A, rev. B), for exchanging data between them via ethernet (or maybe via others communication ports). Panels also has communication module (cat. 2711P - RN6, ser. A, rev. B).

Hi Arslan

I beleive its only possibile to do this via theplc processor.
Both HMI screen could look at the same tag so you could then display the same information on both HMI screens

Hope this helps

Donncahdh

The PanelView Plus terminals cannot be the source of data for other PanelView Plus terminals.

Thanks, could you tell for what divices PanelView Plus can be the source of data? How can I get data from the panel?

Last edited:
See post #2 this should work for you just write the data from HMI #1 to the Plc and read the data from the Plc on HMI # 2

Thanks, could you tell for what divices PanelView Plus can be the source of data? How can I get data from the panel?

As a general automation rule-of-thumb, any HMI device is merely a CPU controller interface; it does not source data in a peer-to-peer manner nor it could "store" master PLC generated one.
Some graphical terminal manufacturers provide communication protocols "translations" or "pass-through" provisions for subnet peer terminals, however, the data to be exchanged is always the CPU controller originating one.

I was not attempting to be cryptic or unclear.

The PanelView Plus is a data client only. It reads data from PLC controllers to be displayed onscreen.

The PanelView Plus cannot be a data server. Other devices cannot read data from the PV+ internal tag database.

You could argue obscure details on this (RIO ghost adapters, ControlNet listen-only connections, custom ViewPoint HTML parsing).

FactoryTalk View SE or RSView32 can be an OPC server (FTView uses the FT Gateway product) but the PanelView Plus does not have that feature.