windLDR to fc5a-c24r2 "plc not responding"

45psi

Hello all. I'm having download issues with my laptop to my plc. On the hardware side I have windows 7, have my port configured in my device manager to comm 3, 9600 8 none 1.

on the WindLDR side, I also have the Function area settings identical to my hardware configuration (9600, 8, none, 1).

The cable I'm using is a Dynex usb-to-serial adapter with the prolific driver(PL-2302 is the chip in the adapter cable).

I have been banging my head against this for a couple days now. I need ideas. no matter what I've done, i'm still greeted with the "the PLC not responding" message.

Plc im working on is the microsmart pentra FC5A-C24R2. I welcome all insight. thank you.

I guess my issue is not the port configuration. I know my port is good because when I try to use the usb on another physical port, it says "cannot open com port." Hmm

Do you know from previous experience that your Dynex usb-to-serial adapter actaully will connect to your Windlr Microsmart Pentra FC5A-C24R2?

Not all USB-to-Serial adapters work the exact same way.

Thanks for the response. I've determined that the serial to ps/2 adapter was the culprit. My usb-to-serial is just fine. D'oh! answered the question myself, thanks for the help tho.