RSlogix5000 Address Nesting???

HCSDoug

Can you take a look at this screen shot? The first bit in rung 0031… We are forming an address based off of the values N117:10 and C115:10.ACC??? I am stuck figuring out what I can do in the RS5000 program. Any thoughts?

You simply need a single dimensioned array. If the array is MyArray then the reference would be -

MyArray[IntegerTag].[MyCounter.ACC] - Note that the seperator is a period

To stay with the same size integers use the INT data type for MyArray. Make sure to keep the value in the counter between 0 - 15.

Last edited:
I do not think so

I disagree with that

N[N117:10] : [C115:10.ACC]

is saying

Lets say the value of N117:10 is = 26
and lets say the accumulated value of C115:10.ACC is 100

this is what it is saying

N26:100/3

I did this in my PLC5 and I am correct
here is a screen shot

PLC5_INDIRECT.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gentlemen for weighing in on this...

I am still having trouble in the RS5000 making the tag

If i am making the tag "N" into an INT two dimensional array, How do i move the value of N117:10 into the first integer of "N.0.0.3" and C115:10.ACC into second integer
"N.0.0.3" ?

Masked Move? Also, the values of the tag N117:10 can be maximum of 78 and the counter 48
So the final tag should look like N.78.48.3 per say (N.INT.INT.Bool)

You are right. I missed the bit - '3' - under the contact. A two dimensional array would be appropriate. Assuming you used the same naming convention from PLC5 in RSLogix5000 then the syntax would be

N[IntegerValue][AnotherIntegerValue].3

What you cannot do is nest the values within the braces. In other words you cannot have

N[IntegerValue[AnotherInteger]]

There are only one set of brackets in the tag after it is created.

the 2 dimensional tag looks exactly like this "N[0.0].3" iin the controller tags. how do i get the value of Int1 into N[0.0].3 and the counter into Int2 N[0.0].3?

Here I creaated a 2 dimension array. I also created two variables to hold the indexes.

Then I created a contact accessing bit 3 of a memeber of the array selected by the two index variables.

You can replace the two index variables with your own tags as long as they themselves are not indexed

Tags.jpg Contact1.jpg

Ok, got it...

So i created a 2 dimensional DINT tag Named "N"

I created an Int tag called N117_10 (alias to N117[10] and an INT Tag C115_10_ACC (alias to C115[10].ACC)

Final tag used in program N[N117_10,C115_10_ACC].3

Seems to be working fine. thanks again for the feedback!

Last edited: