Newbie Ab micrologix 14001766-L32AWAA Questions

jessecain1

Hey Guys first off i just wanted to say thank you for spending the time to read my post. so here's my dilemma.

I'm trying to get the micrologix to communicate with my Pc via the Ethernet port on the controller. I've only had very light experience with PLC's and that was in tech school. I've used the 1100 series micrologix before and to get it to communicate with the plc i thought all you had to do was open rslinx and choose the driver from the drop down menu.

I'm having a hard time finding the right driver and I'm simply lost. Can you guys point me in the right direction in order to get the PLC to simply communicate with my PC.

A second issue i ran into was the inputs all appear to be 120v. I have some components running on 24 and 12 volt Ac is it kosher to run 12/24 through some of the inputs instead of the 120?

Once again thanks for your help. And im sorry if its a really dumb question :)

You have to set up the Ethernet port on the PLC first, and it needs to be on the same subnet as your PC. See page 120 (PDF page 134) of THIS MANUAL.

On the inputs, if they are 120VAC inputs, then they have to see 120VAC to turn on. One option is to use interposing relays between your 12/24VAC sensors and the PLC.

🍻

-Eric