RSLogix 500 Emulate Not Running

redalert

Hi guys its been a number of years since I've worked with the Allen Bradley programs and the communication problems are starting to become a headache already.

My machine is a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

I've downloaded and installed:
RSLinx Classic version 2.57.00
RSLogix Micro Starter Lite version 8.30.00
RSLogix 500 Emulate version 6.00.00.07 (CPR9)

At first I couldn't get the Emulate program to open, but I ran it in Administrator mode and now it will open. I can get RSLinx running using the SLC 500(DH485) Emulator Driver, I can write the code, verify the project, but when I go to Comms-->System Comms, pick my unit, click the box "apply to project" and click download I get the error "Not able to start emulator."

Does this have to do with having to run it as an administrator and when RSLogix goes to run the emulator it can't? Or is there something I'm missing? I'm thinking about just installing the whole thing in XP mode and using it there. Any thoughts?

Try and right click on the RSEmulate icon and go to properties. Click on compatibility and check the box "run in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP3". Then open up RSEmulate, click File->open-> and select your project. Open RSLinx and see if you can see the processor. If so, open your project and go online.

I tried your suggestion Kev but no luck. I ran all three in XP Mode and everything worked first shot. And no you do not need a license for this version of Emulate, asterof.

redalert,

try this.

#1 use logix 500 to open your program and compile it like you were about to download it.
#2 exit out of the program
#3 open emulate and select the plc program.
run the program
#4 run logix 500 and open the program.
#5 select the emulator and go online.

you have to have the program running in the emulator program before it wil run in logix 500.

also remember to halt the program and close the file before you open another program in the emulator.

regards,
james

Thanks for this

I had the same issue when trying to set everything up for some at home quarantine continuing education during the current pandemic. THIS GOT ME RUNNING. Thank you. :site:

Glad to report that I have 5 slightly different .RSS programs running on RSLogix 500 Emulate (each on its own node), and I am able to access them online from RSLogix 500, and I have a FactoryTalk View ME application connected to all of them.

I changed the properties of RSLogix 500 and RSLogix 500 Emulate so they run in XP SP3 compatibility mode and as administrator (all under Windows 10).

try executing compatibility mode

Try Executing Compatibility mode with Windows Vista.
It configuration solve problem.