AB Panel view plus 600 copying files

jeb72

Hello all, I am trying to copy the application files from one AB PV plus 600 and load those files into another PV plus 600. My question is, do I need to delete the old files on the HMI I am going to put the copied files onto? And, can I do this with a thumb drive? Any help is greatly appreciated....

Accessing the Configuration Screen will allow you to copy the files from the existing PV+ to your USB drive. The PV+ has two external USB ports so a thumb drive can be used for transferring to and from the terminal.

Once you access the Configuration Screen, go to the Terminal Settings and you will see an option for managing files. I don't recall the exact name of the menu option.

Once into the transfer screen remember that the USB drive will be identified as "External Storage" and the PV+ own storage is "Internal Storage". Copy the files one at a time from Internal to External. Then take the USB drive to the other PV+ terminal and copy from External to Internal. Copying the files does not remove them from the original PV+. It is just a copy.

Whether you delete the files from the first terminal is up to you. It isn't required.

OG