ControlLogix and Prosoft MVI156-MCM

smohamed

Hi guys,

I'm looking to add another flow meter to an installation already containing a number of meters over Modbus. I'm sort of new to all this so I'm trying to figure out where I would assign the node address of the flow meter in the ProSoft configuration.

The setup is a ControlLogix with Prosoft card in Slot 2. I am able to see the data registers but I'm not sure where the node addresses are assigned so I can start reading from the flow meter.

Maybe I am going at this the wrong way so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There should be a controller scoped tag MCM. Drill down to MCM.CONFIG.Port1MasterCmd[0]. This is where node address, function codes, starting registers are assigned. Find the next unused member of the array and configure accordingly. Make sure you don't overwrite existing data in IntAddress. You may have to increase the value at MCM.CONFIG.Port1.CmdCount to include the added MasterCmd[x]
Prosoft has excellent documentation available on their site.