Citect Scada problem

simpy1972

:mad:

Hi all,

I have made a cicode file to input lines of data into our system upon the press of a single button on the citect screen.
I now need to simulate this citect button with a PLC input and im either missing the obvious or its beyond me as to how i can do this.

Basically, is it possible to run a cicode function from a PLC input? or can it only be done from a citect button?

My line of code is as follows:-
FUNCTION AddDumpRemotely()
_EnterOrdNo = _ShwOrdNum + 1;
TForm = " XXX";
_TruckType = 0;
AddOrder();

RETURN
END

The lines of programming after the AddDumpRemotely() function are the cicodes i want to execute.
AddDumpRemotely function is selected by the operator pressing an on-screen button, i need to be able to do what the operator does but by a PLC Input instead.
Ive added a line of programming into the PLC to allow for a remote input to be high when pressed and also added a TAG into citect for the same input and this works ok but i dont know how to get this TAG to run the FUNCTION above.
I tried to add the following to the cicode but to no avail as it either errors on compiling if i dont use a FUNCTION command.....
IF dumpbyremote=1 (which is my TAG)
THEN _EnterOrdNo = _ShwOrdNum + 1;
TForm = " XXX";
_TruckType = 0;
AddOrder();

RETURN
END

or it compiles but doesnt do anything if i put it after the FUNCTION command as it still needs the operator to press the on screen button for the PLC input to run the cicode....
FUNCTION AddDumpRemotely()
IF dumpbyremote=1 (which is my TAG)
THEN _EnterOrdNo = _ShwOrdNum + 1;
TForm = " XXX";
_TruckType = 0;
AddOrder();

RETURN
END
All i need is for the remote input to run the cicode without the intervention of the operator pressing the on screen button.
Please help as i feel this is just something im overlooking.

Im using an OLD Citect version 5.3 with an AB 5/05 PLC.

Thanks in advance.

You need to use an "Event" (Project Editor->system->Events)

Name = Global
Time = (Leave this blank)
Period = 00:00:10 (Checks every 10 seconds)
Trigger = DumpByRemote=1
Action = AddDumpRemotely()

Ensure that the events is "Checked on" during computer setup.

You need to use an "Event" (Project Editor->system->Events)

Name = Global
Time = (Leave this blank)
Period = 00:00:10 (Checks every 10 seconds)
Trigger = DumpByRemote=1
Action = AddDumpRemotely()

Ensure that the events is "Checked on" during computer setup.

Thanks heaps for this Greg, works perfectly :)