modbus question

redautomation

i read this 2 statement as a note in a DELTA RTU catalogue. i cant understand the meaning!! could anyone describe it more???

NOTE:
1. RTU-485 can only read and write one AI/AO extension unit at the same time.
2. RTU-485 is able to read/write maximum 16 words at a time in the communication control.

Means that if you have more analog modules, e.g. 2 x 8 AI then you would have to r/w in 2 cycles. Same goes if you want to r/w mire than 16 words. So if you have 2 ext. with 32 words each then you would need 4 cycles to read all. (hint: use a counter for addressing)

Similar Topics

I am trying to figure out some communication specifics for a Modbus RTU network that I will be integrating with and could use some help to make...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, Did you set up a SEL3530 Modbus Server before? Suppose a Modbus TCP server can process request from multiple client, right? However...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I got a question. I have a Wago 750-841 with some modules. I try to control the PLC using Modbus TCP which is working great so far...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm working on a wastewater plant where I have a ControlLogix PLC as the master PLC, alongside three packaged systems that are being...
Replies
Views
Got a PM from a user "shwe", thought it should be a thread instead: RS485 conversion is completely different to the TCP vs UDP question. What...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom