Solenoid Valve Assembly

SirCharles1

Good day Gentlemen. I have a pneumatic valve manifold (MAC 92 Series) and I am having some difficulty getting it to operate as it should. I have air going into the manifold that is about 80 psi and I have 24 volts activating the valve. I believe it is activated because there is an LED on top of the valve that is lit, and the solenoid makes a small clicking noise. The air does not seem to change its path (from port a to port b). Please see the attached pictures. I thought this would be quite a simple device to get working. Apparently not. Thank you for considering my problem. I do appreciate it.

IMGP0048.jpg IMGP0078.jpg IMGP0080.jpg IMGP0081.jpg

check the connections on the manifold. some valves require an external pilot air supply or a plug to be removed to use main air as pilot.

I don't see anything connected to ports A or B of your valves, so how are you verifying that the valve is not switching? If you simply have the ports open to the atmosphere, there could be enough of a pressure drop to prevent the pilot from actuating.

Looking at the pic with the red mark on the valve you have port A and B.
What type of connection are they? Are those blanks in there?

Check to see that none of the ports are not blanked off even on valves your not using as this will have adverse affects.

You cannot blank off A and B on a valve.

Check that these are not proportional valves.

have the valves gotten water in them - moisture?
what about compressor oil?

from a previous company i worked for, we banned Mac valves because they quit if water or air compressor oil got in them.

regards,
james

As koylur pointed out, you need an air cylinder or something to make a Mac valve work. We use these extensively throughout our plant.

from a previous company i worked for, we banned Mac valves because they quit if water or air compressor oil got in them.
We have found the reliability of the MAC 82 series valves to be excellent, far better than other brands we tried over the years. We still use them on new equipment even though MAC is pushing everyone to the 92's. However, we have encountered a lot of problems with some of their smaller valves--42 and/or 48 series I think.

I have done extensive work with MAC valves. Based on the model # shown in the picture, you do not have an external pilot valve, they are internal pilot, meaning you don't need to plumb another air line to make the pilot valve shift. My guess is, just like kolyur stated, you don't have enough back pressure to shift the main spool. If you don't want to hook up a cylinder, just put your thumb over port B while you have that solenoid energized and see if it shifts then. You should only need to create a little bit of back pressure with your thumb to shift the valve. The other thing I noticed is you have sandwich regulators on 2 of the valves. These come from the factory set at 0 PSI, so you will need to turn these up (clockwise rotation on the knob) to get any pressure out of either port.