ML1400 rslinx problem

beanpole_ecc

Is there something i'm missing regarding how rslinx works? In my Ethernet devices driver for rslinx, i have a particular ML1400 that has a red X on the processor occasionally turning on and off and the name of the processor keeps going back and for from ML1400 and the actual processor type of 1766-L32AWA A/5.00. I thought that once RSLinx found a processor on the network that matched the driver ip address then it would get the information out of the processor and store it without refreshing. The only way i've been able to clear the file in rslinx in the past was to delete the harmony files and start browsing all over again. Any insight? Thanks.

As far as I can tell it is. I've disconnected it before and pinged the network and nothing has come up. So it's odd that the name would constantly change like that and never settle out.

Do you have an eeprom with the plc, it may be reloading an older project at start up.

No. No eeprom. I go online with it through ethernet link and it seems slow. But this is over my entire network which jumps switches probably 4 times before it makes its way out there. When I'm local to the switch right next to it, it still switches it's name back and forth but not as often. I've noticed this across 3 different computers now so I doubt it's an RSLinx problem. I was wondering if it might be a ML1400 problem when communicating over ethernet. I haven't been able to swap the device out with a new one yet to see if it comes back with a brand new device. The system is a water treatment system and it's running 24/7. So...yeah.

Without taking it off the network and hooking up directly to the processor it is hard to tell, like someone mentioned it would seem to be dup ip but its hard to tell.
Could you give it another ip address to check and see if that would work?

I'll see if I can take the system down for a little bit on our next shutdown coming up on the 26th. If it is a duplicate IP I'll post the results then. I've had some problems with a 5/05 ser C doing it too on one of our freezers. I would be able to see it and then it would go red X. After a little bit it would change back to online with the model number of the 5/05 as the name and then back. Out of a gut instinct I tried a new off the shelf processor (the one I put in was scavanged off another discontinued machine) and the problem seemed to have went away. I haven't seen this type of problem posted anywhere so I figured I'd give the site a try.