Trying to download .pva to PanelView300 through Micrologix

You need a straight thru cable 2711-NC13,or NC14.

Was/is the PV connected to the ML1500, if so use that cable.

The 1761-CBL-PM02 is a null-modem cable.

Trying to download .pva to PanelView300 through Micrologix

You will have to connect to the PV directly to upload/download the PV's program. The ML1500 does not support passthru comms, if that is what you are trying to do.

Last edited:
Tried using the cable that connects the PV to 1500 but that did not work either.

What cable is that?

What driver are you using in RSLinx?

Your PV supports DH485 protocol. If your PC has a real serial port then use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver, this driver will not work with a USB to serial adapter. If not then you will need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) to get connected to the PV.

Another option to upload/download the PV's program is a memory card.

Last edited:
As Micky said, your panelview contains only a DH-485 serial port so you will need to use some kindof of converter. The old fashion way was using a 1747-PIC but if you don't have one or have a newer PC, you will need a 1747-UIC which is the new USB->DH485 device.

That's probably why the direct serial did not work. I also tried the 1747-UIC but no luck there either. Any suggestions on using that that I may have missed.

Here is the manual if you need it.

What driver are you using in RSLinx? You can use the DF1 driver or the DH485 UIC divces driver. Make sure you know which comm port the UIC has taken.
If using the DF1 driver make sure you select the 1770-KF3/1747-KE/SCANport device type. See manual.

Straight-Thru cable between the UIC and the PV?

Baud rates must match and node addresses must be different.

Thanks got it with the UIC. Thought I had the drivers, but didn't. They didnt auto load the first time. So I unplugged and tried again and they loaded and was able to connect.
Thanks again.