sensors with "IO-link" and Micrologix/compactlogix

Wiktor

Hi,

Do any of you use "IO-link" sensors communication with micrologix or compactlogix?

What is your experience with "IO-link" sensors?

BR, Wiktor

Hi

I have used Ifm I/o link because a site I was working on speced it.
It was no problem to Setup but it was connect to a device net network as I think it only has a lenght limit of around 15 or so meters( check this out as its only from memory)
I have not used it since at not that I would not but it's the extra cost I could not really come to terms why I would use it.Also I could not see why I would just stick to the more common networks like asi d net profi bus or net and of course my first choice is now Ethernet

Just my taughts

Donnchadh

Last edited: