Omron communication problem

Elijah58

I have a remote plc coming from a c200HE plc. the remote unit is a 3G2NL-CPU01(1)on the tag and 3G2NL-CPU01-HT on the board itself, with a communication card C200HW-CLK21 on a paper tag and 3G2NL-CLK21-HT on the board itself. These are sitting on top of a HPC-0-32 I/O card. The problem I have is that we had one to start acting wierd so we changed it out and sent the program to the remote unit using CX Programmer version 1.2. I have compared everything and everything looks fine but the only way I can get it to work is to put the old communication card C200HW-CLK21 back in and it will work but some of the issues followed it. I have the node address set the same, I have all dip switches set the same. I just can't get it to operate properly with the new comm. card. What i am wondering is, is there some kind of setup or configuration that has to be done with this card. and if so can you use cxprogrammer to do this or is it another software. I have no paperwork for these and am at a loss at the moment. the other two cards work fine but the comm. card doesn't. also is there a way with cx programmer to connect directly to this card? there is the regular omron connector and a rs232 9 pin connector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mark

This is going WAY back. CX-Programmer v1.2 is well over 10 years old.
There was software for configuring the ControllerLink network.
Part number C200HW-ZW3AT2-EV2. Seriously doubt you will find that.

In the W309 manual, it indicates that CX-Programmer version 2.1 included CX-Net that would configure the C200HW-CLK21 module.

My suggestion would be to contact your local Omron distributor and ask about upgrading your CX-Programmer to CX-One. CX-One will include CX-Integrator which should be able to configure the C200HW-CLK21.

I hope this will help.

Just thought of another issue.

Typically there is a Start Data Link bit.
If the bit is not on, there would be no communication.

However, I am guessing the issue is the data links are not set in the new module. You would need the software to setup the data links.