Accessing SD Card via Ethernet/IP?

Iridescence

Hello all,

I've been thinking of using an Allen-Bradley CompactLogix 1769-L33ER PLC to do data logging by writing to a circular/ring buffer in the PLC memory and then transferring the data to an SD card when triggered by an alarm or event. The purpose of this is to be able to have high-frequency data from about 2 minutes before and after an alarm has occurred.

I would like to be able to access the data on the SD card remotely through the internet. Do you know of any solutions for accessing SD card data in Allen-Bradley PLCs via ethernet? My company currently uses Indusoft Web Studio as its SCADA solution.

Thanks so much.

do you mean your scada system is not equiped to handle high frequency data directly from the plc?

bce123 : Currently our SCADA system can only log one sample per second, but we are currently looking to sample at at least 20 samples per second. That is why we have to do the data logging on the PLC.

can only log one sample per second
Wow thats slow there is a company close to you: Inductive automation. they have a product called Ignition that you should look at. I am in no way connected to them just a big fan of there data collection abilities