1747-uic

Purslant

I have a 1747-UIC usb to DH485 interface converter.
My laptop has windows 7 64 bit.
The driver installed with RSLinx with not work with the OS.
Is there another driver for this that will work with this OS
and if so where can I download from.
I want to use the interface to communicate with a SLC5/3 via it's DH485 port, to keep the RS232 port free to communicate with an HMI.
Thanks.

Thanks

Thanks, after posting my thread, looked at some other threads, and found my answer. I have everything working now.

Thanks again.

Care to share what that answer is?

The way I do it... 2 ways

1st easiest way, plug in the UIC and let W7 or W8 search the internet for the most compatible driver, this works 95% of the time, SOME PC's will search very fast (2sec then says cant find), when this happens there are not the correct permissions OR you don't have a valid Internet connection

2nd install the drivers manually, download and install the drivers below, http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM 2.08.30 WHQL Certified.zip

This is also when you are running RSLogix directly on your machine not a virtual, if you are running VM or XP Mode then just use AB's drivers

This is also with my cable, I have not tried it on AB's yet but I think it will be the same as I can use their drivers for my cable

Also.. if you are using a 64 bit machine then you will need to use the DF1 driver because the latest RSLinx (that I have) does not have the UIC driver, see here for the setup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWgu1jdAPkE

UIC driver.png