Logix5000

mwftech

I am looking for a reason why Logix5000 would lose the annotation from a program. When I got to work one of the other electricians was using the program to trouble shoot an issue and he said the annotation just went off the screen. Is there a quick key to do something like this. Thank you

He didn't state which. He is on nights so it will be late before I can talk directly to him. I was just hoping someone may have run into same issue.

Are you talking about rung comments?

Only logix5000 version 21 and higher saves the rung comments to the PLC for ladder diagrams. In earlier versions only the comments for FB and ST languages are saved in the PLC. If he went directly online and did not first open the PLC project file in Logix5000 and the PLC firmware is less than version 21 then he won't see the rung comments. He will still see the tagnames.

Well it was an easy fix and I don't know how he turned it off without knowing he did, but I just went into the ladder editor and the "show main operand descriptions" was turned off. So either there is a quick key to do it or he was half asleep when clicking through screens.Thank you for the help.