Proximity Switch, ML1200

SirCharles1

Good day my fellow humans. I am glad we are all trying to help one another. I have some proximity sensors/switches, they are made by PHD and the part number is JC1SDP-K. They have three wires, black, blue and brown. I would like to know how these are to be connected to a MicroLogix 1200 PLC, part number is 1762-L40BWA. See my pictures. Thank you very much.

IMGP0086.jpg IMGP0088.jpg IMGP0092.jpg IMGP0094.jpg IMGP0098.jpg

Ah yes the new PHD JC1 switch. We discovered real quick that you have to turn the screw counter-clockwise to tighten it in the slot. So basically you loosen it to tighten it... throws Bubba for a loop.

Connect brown to 24v+
Connect blue to 24v- (common)
Connect black to the PLC input you want to use.

Since this is a PNP (sourcing) switch, you'll also have to connect the common terminal of the I/O group to 24v- in order to make a complete circuit. For example, if you use IN0, connect COM0 to 24v-.

As long as you aren't using more than a handful of sensors, you can use the onboard 24vdc supply.

Last edited: