RSlogix 5000

Rich19

Hi All,
Just Installed RS Logix 5000 mini software version 20.01 to use for a new project but in the drop down box for a new routine it only gives me ladder logic programming type and no option for FBD SFC or ST. Any help would be most grateful.
Thanks

I would sit down before they tell you the price of this 'multilanguage pack' add on, you won't get much change from £1200 (no it's not a typo).

Steve

RS Logix 5000

Hi Steve
Thanks for the info. My supplier came back with the professional version which is £4600 (not a typo either). Is there any more detail you could give me on the add on as £1200 doesn't sound to bad compared.

Many Thanks

The catalog number for the language pack is 9324-RLDMLPE, list of $1970 USD. Looks like its a separate activation that you add to your activation manager/server.

I recommend going back and talking to your supplier, with that ordering chart in hand, about which controllers you want to program and which features you need.

It doesn't make any sense to me that the supplier would recommend the full-featured 'Professional' edition as an alternative to the Mini edition unless you need network configuration, auto-tuning, emulation, and support for the entire spectrum of ControlLogix family CPUs.

Your post suggests that you want support for CompactLogix only (thus you bought the Mini edition) but also want the other language editors. This suggests the Lite edition is what you need.

But I'm not the one asking for your money, so I can't answer those questions.

It doesn't make any sense to me that the supplier would recommend the full-featured 'Professional' edition as an alternative to the Mini edition unless you need network configuration, auto-tuning, emulation, and support for the entire spectrum of ControlLogix family CPUs.

I agree, seems like your vendor is trying to over sell you.

RS Logix 5000

Hi, The supplier has come back with the lite version at a cost of £1200. The reason we went for the controllogix was so we could use the ethernet drive network. We didn't tell our supplier we wanted to program in FBD logic so they just gave us the cheapest one. Lessons to be learnt.
Thanks for the info.