Them there Endians

YoungWint

Am using an ABB flowmeter that gives a 32 bit floating point number as its flow value to a Siemens PLC, am anticipating that this value may need byte swapping to translate to sensible values in the PLC.

Is there a function for this in Siemens or a simple way of doing this to achieve correct Byte order?

With Thanks

as i recall there should be one. if using TIA i think it's in the group where word logic is. don't have my laptop at home to look for.
but if you have 32-bit value i guess it's in 2 16-bit words so why not load each word in correct place and define that tag as 32-bit dword?

I'm not sure how siemens handles floating point numbers but for byte swapping there are standard functions that you can use.
CAD reverses the sequence of bytes in ACCU 1 (32bit).
CAW reverses the sequence of bytes in ACCU 1-L (16bit)

as i recall there should be one. if using TIA i think it's in the group where word logic is. don't have my laptop at home to look for.
but if you have 32-bit value i guess it's in 2 16-bit words so why not load each word in correct place and define that tag as 32-bit dword?
standard abb flowmeter modbus will be 1 32 bit register. i doubt many plc's will handle this datatype. He will more than likely need to change the totalflow to use standard modbus.

Back
Top Bottom