Omron CX Programmer help

kevbloke

Hi all,
For all you Omron experts out there. I was asked to look at a priming issue on some conveyors.Found the problem but wondered what a bit in the program means.
Im a Step7 fella really and wondered if someone could shed some light on a block.
Its got OUTB(534) at the top. Underneath it has D11028 and below that #3.
This is in parallel with an output coil. The coil just starts a motor. I'm intrigued to find out what the block does. I would put a screen shot on but the CX programmer is on a non networked laptop.

Kev

OUTB(534) is used to control bits in DM and EM registers. Look at pages 173 & 174 of the W474 manual (CJ2 instruction reference). If you don't have the manual you can download it from the Omron Europe website.

Hi

There was a good instruction help the last time I used Omron. If I pressed f1 or it was under the help tab ontop . It gave a very good break down and I found it good it was new to me also . I was using cx programmer also

Donnchadh

The quality of the help is really dependent on the model of the PLC. The help for for the current range of PLCs - CJ1 - CJ2 - CP1 & CS1 is very good.

For the older and discontinued PLCs - CQM1 - CPM1 and older has not been updated as they are generally discontinued and replacement parts are not available so the help files have not been updated.