Emulating serial floppy disc

Hi All

The Fanuc robot that I'm working with has the option of using a floppy disc via it's RS232 port. The discs would be DOS based. But we don't have such hardware.

What I'm looking for a is a piece of software, not hardware, to emulate a floppy disc via the Com port on a PC.

So I can now connect a PC to the robot with a 3-wire connection, and the robot will see a floppy disc, and the Windows PC is running a floppy emulator using Com1.

Does such a thing exist?

Regards
Roland

You will be better to contact Fanuc.
The RS232 format will be a dedicated Fanuc controller
As far as windows PC we are long past dos 6.3
I doubt windows would alloy you to use it
Even the almost dead USB/ floppy drives are rare.
Good luck and sorry mate

Similar Topics

I'm fairly beginner when it comes to these sort of things. Previously when I worked on systems, we just used a test bench that we could remotely...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I'm currently programming a safety logic on Studio 5000 Logix Designer V33.00.00 and I wanted to know if there's a way to test...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I am trying to emulate FT View project in Emulator V30.00 . I can already emulate the processor and download the program but when I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am intending to emulate a ControlLogix 5571 PLC (on qemu probably). I am looking for relevant information about the CPU architecture, but...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We are trying to make a SoftPLC communicate with a server, but can't seem to make it work. A possible cause is the following error we see...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom