Comments file for GX developer

DairyBoy

Hello all. I've uploaded a GX program from a Q cpu (without comments). Someone else has the original application on their pc complete with comments and rung statements. Does anyone know which, if any of the files that constitute a GX application contains just the comments and if this is the case whether an emailed comments file can be copied into my uploaded version?

Thanks.

The GX format is
File folder
- gp files
You need to archive these then email
You should be able to either copy the comments or upload the ladder then

Ian, thanks for the reply. To check the method I saved the uploaded project via GX developer as "test" and closed it. Then opened the uploaded one again and added a comment against X0 and closed it. There were two gppw files, 1k and 24k so I figured that the comments would be the smaller of the two. I copied that into the "test" application (having deleted the existing 1k gppw from "test" first) but no X0 comment. What am I missing? Thank you.

the header file will be different
if you have a copy with the comments then
go online with that file and only upload the program

I have used it many times when I don't have the latest version of the program in the PLC.

Upload the program, save, then swap the comments file from the last version I had