configuration of s7 400 & s7 300 plc's for a little DCS system

redautomation

please help me to buy a set of s7 400 and s7 300 for my laboratory. we want to have a pcs7 hardware configuration for making a little and low cost DCS system for training PCS7.

Hi

Have you tried eBay or keep an eye out for a factory that may be closing down
These are perfect for demo rigs training rigs etc

Donnchadh

I don't know about which cpu or witch network card's i must buy. I need help to select the minimum requirements for a little DCS system. For example how many cpu??
Which type of cpu??
Whitch network modules???

Hi

Well for the networks in the s7 300 i would look at the CPU that have two ports maybe a
Proifnet and proibus ports, mpi from what I see here is not used very much.
Ethernet is another I would look at. For a traing rig also look at some analogue cards, and as the 400 only worked on a few but again the same range of networks and this would allow you to add I/o and connect the CPU together over the networks

Donnchadh

PCS 7 needs S7-400 PLC's.

You need a number of PC's too, a server, an operator station and an engineerig station.

Do you need failsafe or redundant systems?

So minimum would probably be 3 PC's and 1 S7-400 PLC. I'm not sure but a 417 maybe minimum.

The S7-400 can be a PCI card "slot PLC".
And Siemens sells a bundle kit consisting of a box IPC, with engineering software, operator software, database software all included:
http://www.industry.usa.siemens.com...chures/Documents/e20001-a180-p280-v1-7600.pdf
This is probably the least expensive entry point to get into PCS7.
Last I heard about it it was about 15000 € for such a bundle kit.

Begs to ask: Why PCS7 for a laboratory ?
PCS7 is a DCS system intended for very large process plants.

edit: Didnt notice that you are in Iran. It can be difficult to purchase Siemens parts in Iran.