Creating keypad control for data log red lion g306

jeb72

Hi all,
I am wondering if it is possible to create a keypad that can be used by an operator to give each data log a name and equipment number using a Red Lion
G306 with crimson 3.0. I have already enabled start/stop functionality to a data log and tied that with live view, but the operator needs to be able to give each data log a name from the HMI...any help is truly appreciated.

Also, has anyone ever tried to use an elo touchscreen monitor with an HMI? I have several 19" elo's just sitting around getting dusty...be nice to put them to use...give the operators a better visual experience. I can't really see how I can connect to the two devices though...Thanks

Hello,

The datalog names are not dynamic and can't be set by a tag. If you enable batch logging you can set logs to be included in the batch. The batch name can by dynamic and set from a string tag by the operator.

There would be no way to connect a monitor to the HMI. You can connect a monitor to our PTV product but it wouldn't allow control, only display.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks

Thank you Jeremy,
I appreciate the assistance you've given me a few times now I think....I have almost got the G306 doing what I want it to do with one exception...I am going to use the HMI to conduct thermal profiles and the engineers want to see the trend viewer with a scale accurately showing the temperature of the Tc's in real time...I have poured over the manual and tried playing around to make it work but I just can't seem to grasp how this should work or if it can work. Any help, again is very much appreciated.

Hello,

To scale the trend viewer you scale each tag individually. Go to the tag and then the format tab. Here you will see a min and max limit.

Thanks
Jeremy