Changing Displays during run-time & turning on a panel light at the same time

lsam

Is it possible, in one motion, to use a virtual pushbutton on a PanelView Plus 600 to turn on an indicator light and switch to a different display at the same time that the virtual pushbutton turns on the indicator light?

Not quite...
There is a trick of the trade though...If using a Touch type terminal, you could add an invisible Display Navigation Object within the same screen area; touching the existing Push Button Object (Indicator Lite trigger) will also activate the Go To Display x invisible object...:D

I think what you need to do is to setup a GLOBAL CONNECTION to read the display number and use that to turn on your indicator. For example, once you setup a global connection to the display number variable and set the display numbers appropriately (in the display properties dialog in ViewStudio):

DisplayNo = global connection from the HMI

code:
EQU (DisplayNo = #), Then OTE(TurnOnLight)

Unless I did it wrong, placing an invisible button over top of another button doesn't work for my application. But it did go to the correct display. It just didn't turn on the indicator light.