RSLinx question

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
hello every one. The night shift electrician was trying to use the laptop to trouble shoot one of our plc's and couldnt connect and accidently deleted the DH+ driver connection in RSLinx. I tried to add it again but all i got was a blue screen of death and my laptop restarted, maybe im using the wrong driver. There's PLC5's and SLC 500's on the DH+ connection. I'm using a PCMK card with the 1784-PCM5/B cord plugged into the DH+ network and i tried to add a new driver in the configure driver setup. I chose the "1784-KT/KTX(D)PKTX(D)/PCMK for DH+/DH 485 devices" driver. Is this the wrong driver, if so what driver should i be using. thanks!!

It is the proper type driver, however, at configuration time, you will have to assign it an unique DH+ node number (Station Number) and the network's configured baud rate! (the DH+ Linx driver will carry a DH+ network Node Number since it is part of the "blue hose" daisy chain.

Last edited:
It is the proper type driver, however, at configuration time, you will have to assign it an unique DH+ node number and the network's configured baud rate! (the DH+ Linx driver will carry a DH+ network Node Number since it is part of the "blue hose" daisy chain.

ok so under device type i put in PCMK?
under station number is where i choose a Node numer?
and i'd imagine the baude rate is 57.6K.

I'm guessing i have to choose a node number that isn't already being occupied?

Should be something like this.... you may have to change a station number

Did you get the blue screen once you started the driver?

pcmkset.png

You are using the correct driver for the PCMK, but I suspect it was configured wrong. Once the driver is added and the configuration window is open you will find a dropdown labeled "Value". You should select PCMK here. If you pick PKTX(D) and say OK, you will get a blue screen. I think this is because that particular device uses the PCI (or ISA maybe?) bus of a desktop, since this doesn't exist in your laptop, it crashes.

It's pretty unfortunate that this bug still exists. I would treat this as a critical bug that must be fixed on the next release. Crash Linx, but Windows? For shame. Undoing once it was done was a bit of a pain too.

edit: Apparently this bug doesn't exist in 3.51. I tried it for fun.

Last edited:
Ya i didnt realize i had the wrong numbers entered and yes i got the blue screen of death when i started the driver. All i have to do is choose the station Number, which im unsure of what to choose. I'm going through the DH+ PLC programs to see what Node numbers have been taken.

edit - I got it back up and running. thank you guys very much!

Last edited: