Keyswitch option Micrologix 1400

soolocks

Hi folks. Is there a way to switch from "Run" to "Remote Run" or "Remote Program" in a Micrologix 1400 from the laptop while one is online? Or do you have to physically switch it at the processor with the keypad? Thanks.

In short, no. The reason is that you can place the processor in "run" and remove the key so that nobody can inadvertently (or otherwise) change it without a key.

FYI, the ML1400 does not have a "Key" it does have a LCD screen to change the mode though.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Folks, Do you know of a safety rated key switch ? Not the big key disconnect switches, but a switch that will simply provide an input to my safety...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am curious to know what will happen to a Running 1756 ControlLogix L73 controller if the keyswitch is changed from Remote Run to Program...
Replies
Views
Hi again, customer has a SLC 5/04. What happens when you power up the PLC with the keyswitch in the PROG position and then after several seconds...
Replies
Views
I'm wondering if anyone knows of, or has used, or has seen a trapped key system where the keyswitch part of it is used in a 'standard' 22mm push...
Replies
Views
Dear all, I have fx2n plc on my hand but I don't have the programming cable sc-09 and it would not be easy for me to get one. I need the cable...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom