Telepace studio

Jonas Zimmer

Hey all,

Haven't found much on telepace here but I was hoping someone could Point me in the right direction. I am looking for how to update old telepace files to the new telepace studio files.

I am trying to bring all the sites I am now responsible for up to date with the new telepace studio on a new laptop, so I can ditch the old laptop that I inherited which looks and feels like it has been dropped a few too many times.

Thanks a lot.

If you are talking about PLC project files then you should be able (at least) upload the source from the PLC. Probably you will need to update tags list file (.CSV) later from older version.
What have you tried so far?

In case anyone out there wanted to know what I wanted to know here is what I found out today.
To upgrade from the old telepace file type to the new telepace studio:

1. Upload the program from the plc in the old telepace so you know you have the most recent copy of the program. Keep an original copy of this.

2. Open that program with the new telepace studio so you have the tag names.

3. Attempt to go online with the new studio and it will give you an error that the programs do not match so you then do another upload from the plc.

4. Once you are done the upload, do a download. Done.

5. If problems, there is always the backup you made in the old telepace.