Controllogix import tags

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have 2 people doing Controllogix programming, they are doing different routines.
Now I want to to import the routines into the "core logic".

I have had no problem exporting and importing routines, but how do I import tags? I see export for tags but not import???

Thanks..
First time to import when I had an existing routine.

When I did the import I actually noticed all the nice information you get..

It asks you if you want to overwrite the existing routine, add to the existing routine, or change the name of the routine.
It shows you what tags are affected, if they will be added or changed.
It tells you how many rungs are being imported, deleted, or changed.
Of course....you can cancel the import also.

That's the XML-based Routine Import feature in RSLogix 5000, which was added in v17. It works both online and offline, and has been a huge time saver and error-preventer in my experience.

RSLogix 5000 is not built to be a multiuser environment, so the Routine Import is the method we use to manually fold together work done by various users at the end of the day.

Hi

This has saved me so much time as I would often import from other program's I have written and also I use it a lot for aoi

Donnchadh