Where do wooden boxes come from?

And yet, everybody I saw has ten intact fingertips.

A pretty cool look at good old fashioned machinery !

I especially liked the wooden controls enclosure and wirenuts on the char embossing machine, and the presence of the canine morale officer.

It makes one wonder a couple things
1. How did Grandpa or great grandpa survive all this
2. Are we really that advanced with all our modern golly gee whiz millisecond to microsecond technology?
3. Would they be able to produce same product at lower price with a bunch of modern stuff. About all I saw that was modern was the temperature controller and maybe pneumatic nailers.

Dan Bentller

Impressive.
OSHA would have a field day there...

I have been to some of the old steam shops. Always some old **** that knows how everything works and he can rebuild anything that breaks.
I have also seen a few shops that run from a water wheel turned by creek water.

i think the safety guru's would have a fit
how did they survive
- 10 fingers - and full heads of hair

Why do they have all them fingers and toes and hair?

Cause they can focus on the job.
I see no paperwork.
No re-arranging safety gear.
No zoning, ie this pen needs to go here, this screwdriver needs to go here, this paperclip needs to go here.
The machines are predictable. Ain't no one gonna walk past in a high viz jacket, which the machine will detect and think it needs to act.

But probably most of all: They know those machine are deadly. There's no false sense of safety.

Wow...that's incredible. It never ceases to amaze me how many common items are made at very small "out of date" places...

And the safety groups at some of the facilities I work in would die on the spot if they saw this :)